How does it all work?
The family camps are a relaxed holiday, with plenty of time to explore and connect with nature, to take part in activities & arts and enjoy stories & music.
Chris Holland will host the camps, running activities along with the Trill Farm team. You are free to join in with as much or as little as you like, and there will be plenty of time to cook meals and sit round the campfire.
A typical day will look something like this:
- 6.15am For early risers a chance to spend some quiet time in Trill's secret woodland glades, seeing wildlife as it emerges for the day.
- 8am Story bar - shared tales form the mornings wildlife watching.
- 9.30am Morning community meeting - a chance to find out what's happening on the farm that day and meet up with other families to plan outings .
- 10am - 12pm Morning activity sessions.
- 3pm - 5pm Afternoon activity sessions.
- 7pm Evening circle - tales of the day and storytelling around the hearth.
- 8.30pm -10pm Night time activity session.
Activities will include foraging, shelter building, music making, wildlife spotting, willow weaving, nature games, bird of prey handling, natural beauty, fire skills and woodland crafts.