HERBAL MEDICINE 2017
Join renowned herbalist Anne McIntyre on a journey of discovery as she guides you to identify and forage wild herbs, understand their medicinal properties and uses, and share the skills to create and take home a range of herbal remedies for your health and wellbeing.
This course is open to anyone with an interest in knowing more about herbs and health.
- This includes those who have just started, students and newly qualified herbalists wishing to brush up on their plant identification and understanding of medicinal plants.
- For gardeners wanting to deepen their knowledge about the plants they know and love.
- And for anyone interested in sustainably using the natural resources around them for supporting their health.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Forage for seasonal wild herbs
- Identify useful wild and cultivated medicinal plants (herbs, flowers, trees and shrubs)
- Know and understand the medicinal properties of the plants you identify and gather
- Understand more about the major systems of the body (digestive, respiratory, nervous, cardio-vascular, urinary, endocrine, reproductive, musculoskeletal & skin) and how to promote their health
- Select the right herbs to treat common ailments of each system and know how to administer them
- Prepare infusions, decoctions, creams, lotions, ointments, glycerites and tinctures
Running for four weekends throughout 2017, this seasonal course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to use the extraordinary resources of the medicinal plants growing around you. Each weekend focuses on 10 different herbs growing abundantly in that season, and focuses on different methods of preparation, building to a complete set of skills that will last a lifetime!
- Spring: Sat 20th - Sun 21st May
- Summer: Sat 15th - Sun 16th July
- Autumn: Sat 2nd - Sun 3rd Sept
- Winter: Sat 7th - Sun 8th Oct
"Inspiring, incredible passing on of ancient knowledge. Vital for everybody interested in taking responsibility for their health" October 2014
"Interactive and practical course, well-structured by an experienced teacher." October 2014
About Anne McIntyre
Anne is a Fellow of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (FNIMH), a Member of the Ayurvedic Practitioners' Association (MAPA), and has been practicing herbal medicine for over 30 years, mostly in Gloucestershire and at clinics in London and Wales. She lectures widely on Herbal Medicine and Ayurveda in the UK and America and is the author of around 20 books on herbalism and Ayurveda. Her most recent book “Dispensing with Tradition” blends together Western Herbalism and Ayurvedic tradition. On Summer evenings Anne gives guided tours of the acclaimed spiral herb garden she has created at her home in Gloucestershire.